Wednesday, June 28, 2006

One step forward...

one step not so much. Almost finished with the box that will hold the 2 fracrak boxes and my ms2000. Will post pictures asap.
On the downside, the midi2cv converter is missing parts. I received two front panels for one kit and no panel for another. Started soldering the VCO module and discovered that I'm missing a fair number of resistors. Found some in my supply but two moderately odd values are still missing. Was impressed for a few minutes that the VCO seemed to be entirely transistor based until I noticed the pcb has spaces for ICs... but no ICs in my kit. Sigh. I'm sincerely hoping this is the worst of it. I really, really don't want to go through each kit and do quality control.
On the other hand, it's going to be an amazing noise making box when I'm done :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home